About The Piedmont Division
The Piedmont Division is one of, if not THE most active, accomplished and productive NMRA Division in the country!
The Division's features and benefits include:
- Great Events
- A hugely successful annual Model Train Show, the best all-trains show in the Southeast.
- A quality starter layout raffled off every year at the Train Show, complete with DCC control.
- The equally successful Piedmont Pilgrimage featuring 80+ open-house layouts tours during the Model Railroad month of November, which attracts thousands of visitors annually. This is a free event!
- Two "live" model railroad auctions, open-to-the-public, conducted twice a year, where members can buy and sell hobby items.
- A monthly open house layout on the Sunday following the Division meeting (except for November when the Pilgrimage is conducted)
- World Class Publications
- Fun and Informative Meetings
- A rolling average attendance of over 80 model railroaders at the Division's monthly meetings.
- A member conducted model railroad clinic featured at each month's meeting.
- Modeling Railroad Resources
- A 233 volume model railroad library where members can check out books & documents for free.
- A 236 item DVD & video tape model railroad and train related library; also free to the membership.
- A division level Member Aid program where assistance can be provided to help new and experienced model railroaders with their questions about the hobby.
- Advanced one-day hands-on clinics beginning in October.
- Community Involvement
- The Piedmont Division supported Georgia & Tennessee Railroad layout at the Southeastern Railway Museum in Duluth.
- A portable 10' x 10' Kid's Layout the Division uses for events and shows where children can run the trains.
- The Piedmont Division supported model train display at the Atlanta Zoo.
- An extensive Boy Scout Model Railroad Merit Badge program having certified 154 Scouts for the merit badge so far.
- NMRA Achievement Program and Contests
- Current membership includes three Master Model Railroaders.
- Two NMRA Achievement Program sanctioned model contests annually, in November and March.
- Exclusive Division Store Items
- Quality Piedmont Division embroidered shirts and vests available at cost to the membership.
- An exclusive Piedmont Division limited-edition heritage railcar offered every 2-3 years.